UPSSSC PET Geography Practice Set 06
UPSSSC PET Geography Practice Set 06 : Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) has started the process of conducting Preliminary Qualifying Test (PET) for Group ‘C’ recruitment. It has been decided to conduct this exam on 15th and 16th of October. Candidates must know that only after appearing in this exam they will be able to appear in any Group ‘C’ exam conducted by UPSSSC.
In such a situation, today we have brought 25 very important questions of geography through this article, by studying which you can make your preparation stronger and get success in the examination.
UPSSSC PET Geography Practice Set 06
Question. Condensation is one of the processes of the water cycle. Which of the following statements about condensation is true?
- The vapor state is changed to the liquid state.
- The vapor state is changed to the solid state.
- The liquid state is changed to the solid state.
- The solid state is changed to the liquid state.
Question. Which of the following cycles is an important aspect of the weather patterns on Earth?
- carbon cycle
- the water cycle
- oxygen cycle
- nitrogen cycle
Question. What is an aquifer?
- Saturated area below ground water level
- Unsaturated area below ground water level
- upper surface of the region of saturation
- bottom surface of the saturated region
Question. The Canadian Pacific Railway operates
- between Duluth and Montreal
- Between Sarkatoon and Quebec
- Between Seattle and Winnipeg
- Between Vancouver and Halifax
Question. ‘Glasier Express’ is a famous train of which of the following country?
Question. According to the information available as of March 2019, which of the following is common in these four countries – South Sudan, Libya, Yemen and Greece?
- all african countries
- all are monarchies
- all Mediterranean countries
- All of these have an average of 10 years of negative economic growth
Question. The Gulf of Mexico is connected to the Atlantic Ocean by?
- Florida Strait
- Cook Strait
- Strait of Otranto
- Strait of Dover
Question. Identify the incorrect statement regarding the water cycle from the options given below.
- Clouds are formed by the evaporation of water.
- Water vapor enters the atmosphere only through transpiration.
- The melting of ice is a part of the water cycle.
- Sunlight is also responsible for the evaporation of water.
- UPSSSC PET Geography Practice Set 05
- UPSSSC PET Geography Practice Set 04
- UPSSSC PET Geography Practice Set 03
Question. Where is the International Rice Research Institute located?
Question. What is the water body separating India and Sri Lanka?
- great channel
- Palk Strait
- 8 degree channel
- 10 degree channel
Question. Where is ‘Dogger Bank’, the main fishing area of Europe located?
- Baltic Sea
- the North Sea
- english channel
- Norwegian Sea
Question. Where is Patagonia located?
Question. Which is the leading producer of coral silk in the world?
Question. Find inconsistent matches.
- Largest animal in the world – Blue whale
- Largest delta in the world – Sundarbans (Bangladesh and India)
- Deepest lake in the world – Superior (Canada)
- Largest desert in the world – Sahara (Africa)
Question. 140°N latitude demarcates between
- North and South Vietnam
- Egypt and Sudan
- North and South Korea
- America and Canada
Question. Which of the following does not contribute to know the average climate of an area?
- wind speed
- number of trees
Question. Which cloud does ‘Nimbus’ represent?
- rain cloud
- spherical from above
Question. Identify the neighboring nation with which India shares its longest border.
Question. The Indian peninsula extends up to …….
- Arabian Sea
- Indian ocean
- Bay of Bengal
Question. Which of the following is the narrowest valley in the world
- Copper Canyon
- colfa canyon
- fish river canyon
- the grand canyon
Question. Rain shadows are created when winds accelerate to pick up moisture, where the air cools and condenses to drop its moisture velocity down as rain or snow. Which of the following does not form a rain shadow effect?
- Hawaiian Island of Kawaii
- Death Valley in California
- Mediterranean Sea Coast
Question. The average height of the Himalayas or the far northern part of the Himadri is about …………….m.
Question. In which Indian state, is there a city very close to the Tropic of Cancer in India?
Question. The latitudinal extension of India is from ………. north to ……… north.
- 8° 2′; 37° 4′
- 8° 4′; 37° 6′
- 8° 7′: 37° 9′
- 8° 3′: 37° 5′
Question. Where does the maximum annual rainfall occur?
- canadian shield
- Ganges Basin
- amazon basin
- siberian plain
Answer : ?
What would be the correct answer to this question? Do tell by commenting below.
( डाउनलोड करे Govt Jobs Daily Job Alert Android App )
Download Our Android App – Click Here
|GovtJobsWorld.Com Home –||Click here|
Join Our Telegram Group – Click Here
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Telegram & Download Our App
DISCLAIMER: GovtJobsWorld.Com does not have any connection with the Government and it does not represent any Government entity. No claim is made about the accuracy or validity of the content on this site, or its suitability for any specific purpose whatsoever whether express or implied. Since all readers who access any information on this web site are doing so voluntarily, and of their own accord, any outcome (decision or claim) of such access. All the Readers please also check details on the Original website before taking any decision. Here we are not responsible for any Inadvertent Error that may have crept in the information being published in this Website and for any loss to anybody or anything caused by any Shortcoming, Defect or Inaccuracy of the Information on this Application.